Pimples are one of the big problems teenagers and adults face. Getting a zit means you get self-conscious of your looks and try every remedy to stop them. This occurs because of blockage in oil glands that are present under the skin. These pimples can be caused due to genetics, puberty, stress and other factors. To take care of these, there are some home remedies for pimples that you should consider trying. Doing this either reduce or completely stop the re-occurring of acne and is completely natural. This natural acne treatment will make you gain your lost confidence and will help you to focus on the more important things in life.
Also Read: Top 10 remedies for acne scar treatment
- Our skin has sebaceous glands that secrete sebum however; the dead skin cells stick to the sebum and block the skin pores. This makes conditions suitable for promoting growth on unwanted bacteria and thereby producing acne.
- During puberty teenage girls and boys produce the hormone androgen which in turn causes the sebaceous glands pores to enlarge and secrete more amount of sebum. And this causes increase in blockages and help in worsening acne. With the home remedies of pimples, you can overcome this problem.
- A person’s diet also plays a role in increasing acne. Eating carbohydrate rich foods, chocolate and dairy products and increases acne. These foods cause pimples on face, and thus needs to be treated so that it won’t leave scars.
- If you get acne around or near the ears this may be due to kidney problems caused because of dehydration.
- If you get pimples near your eyebrows, it may be due to allergies caused by lactose intolerance and others. Thus not only remedies for pimples but also its causes are important.
- Pimples near chin and jaw line maybe due to hormonal imbalance, hence it is necessary to contact a dermatologist for advice otherwise it can get out of hand.
Home Remedies For Pimples With Ways To Deal
1. Proper Washing of Face
Even though you wash your face regularly, you may not be doing it correctly. Firstly, wet your face with lukewarm water as this will help in opening the pores so that when you cleanse that the dirt, bacteria and fungi will flow out.
After that, apply a natural or chemical cleanser that is recommended by your dermatologist. Gently rub and spread it all over the face so that it comes in contact with all the pores. After this, wash it with lukewarm water and then dab your face dry gently.
Then if your face feels dry apply a suitable moisturizer to your face, so that it doesn’t get irritated and cause itchy, burning and other reactions. Make sure that the moisturizer is oil-free otherwise, it may promote pimples. This natural acne treatment is a great help.
Apply honey on the affected area or all around the face and leave it on for a few minutes. It is a common and natural disinfectant and will kill off the microorganisms that are present. Thus, it proves to be a very effective treatment for pimples. After leaving it on, wash it will warm water.
3. Lemon Juice
People with sensitive skin should not try this home remedy. Lemon is a citrus fruit, so it has vitamin C that helps fight against bacteria. Apply lemon juice to the affected area with a sterile swab and leave it on overnight.
Toothpaste can be one of the acne home remedies, because it has minerals and salts that can be used to kill microorganisms. However, it should be left on more than 30 minutes as it can irritate the skin.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
It acts as natural remedies for pimples, as it can balance the pH of skin and helps in reducing the blemishes. It has potassium, magnesium, acetic acid and other minerals and enzymes that have bactericidal properties. It helps in promoting softer skin. Apply it with sterile cotton and leave it on by diluting it in water. Then wash it with warm water.
Cucumber has a cooling effect and is a good source of potassium and vitamins A and C. It has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It also hydrates the skin. Thus, cucumbers are great home remedies for pimples.
Papaya is a good source of vitamin A and the enzyme, papain. It has anti-inflammatory properties and it is great for hair and skin. It is a bactericidal agent and helps kill microbes causing acne. Apply crushed papaya on the skin and after a few minutes wash it off with lukewarm water.
It is a middle-eastern spice and is a bactericidal spice. You can apply it along with coconut oil and rub it all over your face. After leaving it on for 15 minutes, wash this mixture with warm water. Thus, this is one of the best acne treatment.
It is a citrus fruit and is rich in vitamin A and C. These vitamins are great in damaging in the microbial cells. It does so by shrinking the pores and thus shrinking the pimples. Massage the tomato juice on the affected skin and after a few seconds, wash thoroughly with warm water.
10. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera gel is a great cooling agent. It promotes relieving skin irritation and redness. It also kills bacteria due to the enzymes and minerals present in it and prevent skin damages that promote acne. It is used commercially due to its benefits. It is also great for hair. Thus it is a great for curing pimples on face. With such home remedies for pimples, you can get rid of them.